About Our Chapter
The NCL, Inc. Golden Corridor Chapter is located in the North Dallas area. Our members are from Richardson, North Dallas and Plano and the surrounding area including Carrollton, Frisco and Allen. We currently have nearly 300 mother-daughter members in grades 7 through 12 who perform almost 6,000 hours of hands-on volunteer service for 27 charities and non-profit organizations in the DFW community each year. Some of the community service areas supported by our chapter include: food pantries, the fine arts, senior citizen programs, healthcare, children and adults with special needs, animal shelters and the United Service Organizations.
The NCL Experience
National Charity League, Inc. provides opportunities for mothers, known as Patronesses, and daughters, known as Ticktockers, to enjoy both mother-daughter and peer relationships through the NCL Experience. The purpose of the NCL Experience is to inspire and empower women to succeed as confident, well-rounded and socially aware contributors in their communities.
NCL Inc. Golden Corridor Chapter activities fulfill the NCL, Inc. mission to foster mother-daughter relationships in a philanthropic organization committed to community service, leadership development and cultural experiences.
- Community Service: Our desire is to learn what philanthropic needs exist in our community and to help meet those needs whenever possible.
- Leadership: Our intent is to enhance potential leadership skills through team building, problem solving, mentoring, and group dynamics.
- Cultural: Our goal is to create an environment that nurtures a positive identity by recognizing and appreciating the value of differences in each other and the world.
The Golden Corridor 6-Year plan for our Ticktockers has been designed to assure each Ticktocker will experience activities in these three areas. In addition, the particular needs of the teenage girls in our community have given strong consideration, and the following additional objectives kept in mind in developing this plan:
- Give our Ticktockers a consciousness of the community and world-at-large problems they face, as their generation becomes adults
- Provide them with the skills and self-confidence to address these problems during their lifetime, whether by developing and leading programs, or by making a difference in the lives of the less fortunate via one-on-one activities.
- Build the self-esteem of each and every girl so she understands her unique gifts and skills and that she can make a difference.
Chapter Events and Celebrations
The Golden Corridor Chapter also provides our Membership with opportunities to celebrate our special relationship and achievements. Mother-Daughter Teas allow us to teach our Ticktockers etiquette and social graces as well as spend time with our grade-level peers. Each year, we formally honor our Ticktockers for their leadership and hours of service to our philanthropies and our chapter, at our annual Awards & Installation luncheon. At this event, Ticktockers who have completed their grade level service hours requirements receive a service award, and we proudly present a number of special awards to those who have contributed additional hours of service to individual and combined philanthropies. A Ticktocker’s senior year is the finale to the six-year NCL Experience. This special year includes a Senior Style Show, the Senior Tea, and a Senior Recognition event held just prior to graduation. Senior Recognition is a beautiful formal event for Ticktockers, their families, and friends that celebrates the many accomplishments of their years in NCL, Inc.
To begin the application process, click the link to complete the Prospective Patroness form.
Golden Corridor Ticktockers at our annual Ticktocker Retreat.